Videos are dominating today’s digital world. Corporates, influencers, and even normal people are now creating videos for their friends or followers. Video content can vary according to the audience that you are targeting. However, video editing software is the key ingredient for every content creator.
Video editing tools were available to only industry professionals in the past. However, these tools have become more accessible to the masses now. There are various paid and free video editing tools available in the market. In this article, we are going to share the best video editing software that is available on the market.
Best Video Editing Software
PowerDirector is one of the best free video editing tools available in the market. It is a perfect choice for video editors. The user interface of PowerDirector is very simple to use. This makes it easy for beginners to create professional-looking video content. The advanced features of this tool will satisfy the professional editors also.
You can enjoy features like titles, transitions, and effects without paying anything. The free version of PowerDirector can help you in creating Hollywood-quality videos.
Pros of PowerDirector:
- The user interface of PowerDirector is very easy to use.
- There are various compositing tools like blending, masking, and Chroma keys available.
- You can use multiple AI tools like motion tracking, audio enhancements, and sky replacement.
- It will even allow you to record your screen.
Cons of PowerDirector:
- You need to purchase their premium version for accessing iStock and Shutterstock libraries.
Apple Final Cut Pro
Apple Final Cut Pro is the most powerful video editing software in the world. This software is only compatible with Mac and is integrated with other Apple products like Photos and iTunes. Apple Final Cut Pro will help you in creating high-quality videos. This tool has been used to create blockbuster hits like The Matrix and the Social Network.
If you are a professional user, then this is the best tool for you. It is easy to learn as they have an easy-to-use UI. You can master this tool by watching Youtube tutorials. There is a 90-day free trial where you can test this tool. After that, you need to pay $299 per license.
Pros of Apple Final Cut Pro:
- Fast workflow for video editing.
- Access to the best video editing tools.
- Optimized for Apple users.
- Advanced features for professional users.
Cons of Apple Final Cut Pro:
- It is only compatible with Mac computers.
- It is too expensive for normal users.
Simplified will help you in simplifying the video-editing process. All you need to do is drag and drop your videos in this editor. You will find media files, colors, and fonts in their brand kits.
Simplified is also offering AI features to its users. You can use their AI Loki Assistant for adding the perfect message to your videos. Simplified also has a GIF and video library that you can use for making your videos more exciting.
Pros of Simplified:
- Simple UI.
- Huge video and GIF library.
- Amazing AI features.
- Access to millions of effects, pictures, and templates.
Cons of Simplified:
- It can be difficult to master this tool.
Lightworks is an easy-to-use video editing tool that you can use for editing your videos. Both free and paid versions of this tool are available.
The UI of this tool is very user-friendly. You will also get access to advanced tools like multi-track and multi-cam video editing. Lightworks will help you in combining footage from multiple cameras in a single project.
Lightworks will give you full freedom when it comes to UI. You can change the UI according to your needs. However, new users can drag windows to create a very confusing layout combination.
Pros of Lightworks:
- You can use Lightworks for creating Hollywood feature films.
Cons of Lightworks:
- This tool is not beginner-friendly.
- You can’t export to Blu-ray or DVD in the free version.
Shotcut is one of the best video editing tools for Windows and Mac users. It is a completely open-source video editor. You can check their code on Github. Shotcut is offering features like 4K resolution support, multi-format timelines, and an easy-to-use interface to its users.
Pros of Shotcut:
- It is available on Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Shotcut is an open-source project. Thus, you don’t need to worry about any hidden charges.
- It supports 4K HD resolution.
Cons of Shotcut:
- The software was originally made for Linux users only. Windows and Mac users will find it difficult to use this tool.
- Only 280 sound effects are available in this tool.
- Limited customer support.
Adobe Premiere is the best video editing tool for both beginners and advanced users. Beginners can use Adobe Premiere Elements for learning how to edit simple videos for their social media accounts. Experienced users can use Adobe Premiere Pros for creating Hollywood-level videos.
Adobe premiere will allow you to implement special effects, audio transition options, and filters. All these options are customizable. You can save them after customizing them. This will ensure that you can use them as a template in the future. Adobe Premiere also offers advanced features like Multicam editing and 3D editing.
Pros of Adobe Premiere:
- Perfect for both advanced and beginner users.
- You can create high-quality videos.
- Amazing color grading features.
- Advanced video stabilization tools.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac.
Cons of Adobe Premiere:
- Adobe Premiere is pricey for new users as the 12-month plan costs around $251.88.
Openshot is another easy-to-use video editor for beginners. It will give you access to more advanced tools. Openshot is also open-source software. If you are a programmer, then you can adapt the program according to your needs.
Beginners can use features like built-in templates, advanced timeline features, and real-time previews. These features will help you in learning video editing.
Pros of Openshot:
- It is completely open-source software.
- The UI is simple to use.
Cons of Openshot:
- Some features of Openshot are broken.
- Few video tutorials are available on Youtube.
Hundreds of video editing tools are available in the market but not all of them can provide high-quality results. This guide will help you in narrowing down your search. We have included the best free and paid video editing tools in this article. You can try all the tools that suit your level of expertise and needs.