The trend of E-commerce business is picking up in India from the past 5-6 years. The increased number of online users, increased internet speeds and busy work lives make people to buy stuff from their office desks or bed rooms. While there are many companies stepped into this business only some of them could reach the customer’s expectations.
The primary parameters for an e-commerce company’s success in India depends on the time of delivery, offers & discounts, delivery charges, quality of the products being delivered and the customer service.
Below are the list of companies being considered as the Best as per the recent feedback. Though Amazon, the world’s e-commerce giant is doing well I am not including them as they are launched just few months back.
1. Flipkart : Since its inception in 2007, Flipkart has got good response from the customers. Founded by the IIT graduates who worked with World’s e-commerce giant Amazon, they dream of making their company the Amazon of India. They started with a free delivery option for a minimum order value of Rs. 100/- and delivered the products in time with the best possible quality. Like many other e-commerce they also started with the least risky products – books. Customers felt that Flipkart brought pleasure of reading back to them.
Now, they have added 16 extra product categories and increased the minimum order value to Rs. 500/- for free delivery option otherwise 50/- extra will be charged. The management has agreed that the increase will impact 15% of their customer base but they are concentrating more high end products as per their business strategies.
2. SnapDeal : SnapDeal is known for their deals. With good offers and discounts liked by Indians, they got a good customer base. They are the front runners and are having good sales count especially in the metro cities. However, the cancellation of their affiliate program without any proper intimation has got negative feedback from the customers. There are few complaints about the quality of the products being delivered. Their attractive deals and marketing strategies makes them sit in the most popular e-commerce companies in India. By February 2012 snapdeal had more than 15,000,000 registered users and more than 50,000 featured merchants.
3. Infibeam : Infibeam.com is an e-commerce website that sells almost everything online like Flipkart. You can search for books, computers, games, watches, movies, electronics, mobiles, gifts,home and lifestyle and much more. The popularity of Infibeam is because of their prices, the discounts on the products, coupons – mainly because of their low maintainence costs. They also have “Magic Box” which offers 2 products with the best possible discounts in the market. However, the magic box is not able to attract lot of customers in the recent times mainly because of the outdated/non-popular products. EMI Option available. Click here to see today offers on Infibeam
4. Myntra : Myntra.com is a leading online fashion store in India where you can find apparels of different brands, trendy and fashionable clothes for women, men and kids.
5. Inkfruit : Inkfruit.com is Asia’s largest e-commerce website. You can buy apparels for women and men, footwear and accessories on this website. They give the best possible things to their customers and also in selective designs.