Every new entrepreneur or business person who has been in the traditional market for quite some time will agree on one thing. The business dimension is changing, and impacting the marketing industry heavily.
People who were born in the 90s are now in their mid, and late 20s. Plus, the full-fledged adulting is making them experiment with different products from every genre in life. This makes one of the best target audiences for your products.
However, you have to know how to sell!
This brings us to the excerpt below where we will not only talk about why targeting the millennial group is an excellent option, but how you can attract them more towards your business.
Why Attract Millennials To Business
Making millennials your primary target group has many advantages. It is not just the new businesses, but old chains of corporations are changing their ways to get more millennial customers on board. Adrian Cheng who is now heading a 50 year old business, is rejuvenating its marketing tactics to get millennial customers on board, and here is the reason.
- Making a loyal customer out of them will be lucrative for the future. Since they haven’t reached their full buying potential yet, they are most likely to experiment now. However, if a product or service sticks in their psyche, they are most likely to avail them again when they have better affordability.
- They are in their experimentation phase. Therefore, if the metric shows them buying one product, all you need to show them is how you are different for them to choose you over them.
- You can spend as much mind, and money on digital marketing because millennials are the audience base who will be able to understand, and love the innovation.
How To Attract Millennials To Business
Now that you know why millennials are good for your business, let’s find out how we can attract, and convert them into potential leads.
1. Concentrate On Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is more about creating experience tailored, and meaningful marketing content rather than something generic which caters to everyone. So, we are talking about:
- Search Engine Optimization through various digital marketing fields.
- Pay Per Click in terms of target audience.
- Social media marketing.
- Even personalized texts based on their purchases are a great form of inbound marketing.
- Millennials are not buying the whole bulk emailing with no intent strategy anymore. Whenever they receive a message, or persuade through content, the more personal it is, the more interested they are.
So, value inbound marketing over the outbound. Pay more attention to personalized messages, good animation, and youtube videos.
2. Sustainability Is A Big Deal
Millennials are finding new interest in understanding how something works, rather than jumping on the bandwagon of heavy commercialization. Statistics, and recent researchers have found that Millennials, and GenZs are more inclined toward companies supporting active social, and environmental issues.
These include climate change, Gender, and sexuality issues, and even poverty and lack of quality education. So, if you want your company’s reputation among the millennial crowd then start showing why your company is good for the environment, and society and not just the customers.
3. More Entertaining & Experiential
Experiential marketing is your one stop to conquer the millennial target audience. Millennial don’t just like things being sold to them, rather they wish to have a whole experience of it.
Here are the external secondary experiences which could make your millennial crowd happy.
– Interactive advertisements.
– Social media marketing.
– Attractive packaging with personalized messages.
– Being privy to the manufacturing, and packaging side of their products.
4. Authentic Content
Since millennials are quite tech savvy, and they use almost every device out there (in contrast to GenZ who are more interested in simply using their cellphone). However, you cannot sell them anything, and everything without being authentic.
Since they do spend a lot of time researching before considering a product, nothing irate them more than copying someone else’s concept. They are not always asking 100% original, but they like seeing new spins on old concepts.
Therefore, being too inclined to traditional marketing is not the solution for you.
Marketing Is Not Always Selling!
Millennial marketing for your business has a few simple formulas.
Target them the most organically as you can. There is no harm done with a few push notifications. However, millennials do not like to be pushed to even check out something they do not like.
Have good company values. They appreciate it more when you sell the company than just the product.