Ans : select * from v$version;
ADD DATAFILE SIZE ;
—————————————– ——– ————
11. How to rebuild an index in Oracle?
Ans : ALTER INDEX REBUILD;
12. How to gather statistics on a table?
Ans : Using the ANALZE command.
13. How to enable a trace for a session?
Ans : ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE=TRUE;
14. How to view errors of a recently compiled PL/SQL code?
Ans : SHOW ERRORS
15. What are synonyms in Oracle?
Ans : Synonyms are the alternative names given tables, sequences, views and other db objects.
16. What are the original Import and Export utilities?
Ans : External tables and SQL* Loader.
17. What is the tablespace that automatically gets created when you create a database?
Ans : SYSTEM tablespace.
18. How to force a log switch?
Ans : ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE;
19. What is the difference between PERMANENT and TEMPORARY tablespaces?
Ans : Permanent tablespace is used to store the true objects of the database whereas temporary tablespace is used to store the temporary objects like sort structures (during a join operation or sub queries etc).
20. How to determine what are the DDL changes done?
Ans : By using streams or Logminer.